Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Trev and JC
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Trev and JC Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
So this is how they're paying for the move to D1. This is from an email composed by someone in the UNO AD that I received (remaining nameless for now). These guys have no shame...
----------------------------------------------
Actual email I received yesterday...

The Sale of UNO Football and Wrestling Equipment

All-
I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patients as we work the bumps of selling the Football and Wrestling equipment. The Plan is to put everything on e-bay and let the top bidder win. Unfortunately, due to some technical difficulties on E-bay's end, only 6 helmets are currently up for auction. I will keep all of you in the loop as when the rest of the equipment will go on E-bay. Until then I have attached a complete inventory and starting bid price for the items that will go up for auction. Feel free to look these over and if you have any questions please contact me (all of my information is below). please note the dates on the bottom of the spread sheet were the date we intended to post each of these items on ebay. I keep all of you posted when each of those items will be on ebay.

For those of you that are interested in placing a bid on the helmets that on currently on ebay simply go to the ebay site and click through the following categories: Sporting Goods>Team Sports>Football>Clothing, Shoes and Accessories>Helmet and Hats. You can also search by Seller which is "unoathletics "

thank you for time
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I'm sure the World-Herald will get around to investigating this information...LOL.

I dropped a line to Travis Morgan at KMTV -- probably see something on that newscast tonight.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
E-baying the equipment?!? *scoffs* That makes me sick to my stomach. Regardless of what it goes for it'll be worth more than the D1 Basketball team and Trev Albert's resume isn't worth the toilet paper it's printed on
Rookie
"appreciate your PATIENTS"???? What? Was this email intended for doctors and dentists only?
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
I guess when you raise a basketball programs budget by 114% which only had $16,000 in ticket sales last year you need to find away to pay for it. Trev and Judas put the a** is Classy.
Rookie
Picture of outstatefan
UNO and these guys have no sense of what is going on or their arrogance is so overwhelming they simply don't care. I guess while the smell is in the air it's okay to keep crapping your pants. Can't wait to see what they physically do with the wrestling room itself. I'm sure they're thinking that the quicker they divest themselves of the equipment and facilities associated with these sports the greater the barrier would be for reentry. I hope folks are stilling sending frequent emails to UNO and the Regents. They should not be allowed to forget what they've done.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
HB--Why not share the sender? What is there to lose? Your call, your email, just wondering, that's all. Believe me, I'm on your side here, simply curious.
Thanks for sharing this email.
Rookie
My son told me a couple of weeks ago the eBay sale was coming. That includes the mats, especially the one piece mat used for Duals. If Coach Denney wants the mats then he has to win the eBay auction and get it reconditioned to say Maryville. Or buy new mats for the new program. I believe the tv video screens in the wrestling room will also be auctioned.

At this point I am no longer amazed at anything UNO will do. They sold their soul to the Devil so why not the helmets and mats.

"Winners find a way to win and Losers find a way to lose."
Rookie
Picture of myred65
The first 6 helmets on there have all never been used. Maybe there was a little over spending in the football dpartment.
Rookie
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
I know there is no way this will happen but it would be great. No one bid on the wrestling mats, not one person! Then let Coach Denney and Marysville put in a $10 bid and buy them all. Lets give the BB team $10. They can split that up anyway they would like!! Just a thought?

woff
Junior High
Good Idea Woff!!

Personally, I think we should give it to the new golf team! I wouldn't give BBall what I just scratched out of my shorts.
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
I wonder if there are receipts proving that UNO actually purchased wrestling mats...... If they were purchased by sponsors or outside donors or as a by-product of profits from the Kaufman-Brand, maybe there could be an argument that UNO can't auction them off....... Probably not, but I'm looking for a loop-hole!

Rick Henry

World Champion
Picture of NWI
If you want to keep track of UNO's Ebay offerings, here's a link...

Trev and Judas' Ebay store

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
No bids as of yet. Does anyone know how the football community in Omaha has reacted to the football program being dropped? What have the football coaches out there heard?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BLASCHKO,
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
From another forum. Trev knows how to treat people....

There were many schools in the Omaha/Metro area that contacted UNO and Trev Alberts about purchasing their football gear at discounted rates. Something very similar to what Dana college did, where many schools got great equipment for 20-25% of the cost.

So what did the esteemed AD at UNO decide to do? Instead of helping out the schools in the area and trying to keep good relationships or mend some that they have trampled on (there are a TON of coaches pissed that their former athletes no longer have a school to play at) - he decides to sell their stuff to the highest bidder - most of which will go to places out of state. Maybe he is hoping to "fix" his books on the cost of the athletic department with this sale.

By the way check out the word "patience" LOL

Here is the message.

All-
I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patients as we work the bumps of selling the Football and Wrestling equipment. The Plan is to put everything on e-bay and let the top bidder win. Unfortunately, due to some technical difficulties on E-bay's end, only 6 helmets are currently up for auction. I will keep all of you in the loop as when the rest of the equipment will go on E-bay. Until then I have attached a complete inventory and starting bid price for the items that will go up for auction. Feel free to look these over and if you have any questions please contact me (all of my information is below). please note the dates on the bottom of the spread sheet were the date we intended to post each of these items on ebay. I keep all of you posted when each of those items will be on ebay.

For those of you that are interested in placing a bid on the helmets that on currently on ebay simply go to the ebay site and click through the following categories: Sporting Goods>Team Sports>Football>Clothing, Shoes and Accessories>Helmet and Hats. You can also search by Seller which is "unoathletics "
Rookie
What happened to UNO wrestling's large single piece mat? Didn't UNO alumni and fundraising pay for that mat?
Rookie
I believe the big mat says right on it "Old Mill Toyota". On the last gathering they even introduced the wife of the dealership owner that donated the mat.
Rookie
The large one piece mat with OLD MILL TOYOTA is going to be sold on eBay. Trev's Fire Sale continues...

"Winners find a way to win and Losers find a way to lose."
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
Another good post from elsewhere...

How about this for a "Trevism". He refused to give a wall plaque back to the person that had organized a golf tourney for the last 20 years, to honor a UNO Football player that had passed away in the 80's. The tourney was not a official UNO event, but was a organized by this person. The proceeds each year went to a $5000 scholarship to a current player,whose name was put on the plaque. It was displayed in the UNO trophy case, but UNO never did anything for the tourney and did not pay for the plaque. Trev said it was school property, and refused to give it back. Only after Shatel was emailed and asked for help, did Trev agree to give back the plaque. The plaque will now be given back to the player's parents who are both still alive and wanted it dearly. He is a piece of work that is for sure.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
UNO raised a lot of money every year through the Kaufman-Brand Open, Brand Open, Kids Tournament and Alumni. It takes a lot of time and effort to put these type of things on. I am willing to bet most of what the program had (mats, gear, tv's, table clocks etc) were paid for trough th sweat equity of the coaches and athletes. It is very disturbing to me to see Trev and Christensen profit from their efforts.
quote:
Originally posted by The Observer:
The large one piece mat with OLD MILL TOYOTA is going to be sold on eBay. Trev's Fire Sale continues...