Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Steve Peterson-The New Era
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steve Peterson-The New Era Login/Join

<S0404>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by NWI:
NU-OU series since 1962, since you want to have another theory disproved...

Wins: OU 22, NU 19 (OU also leads the all-time series, 41-37-3)
Wins by a touchdown or less: NU 8, OU 8
Wins by 8-14 points: NU 5, OU 4
Wins by 15 or more points: OU 9, NU 7

And my sarcasm detector works just fine...it would seem your knowledge of recent Husker history is a little fuzzy, however.

If you need to know anything more about Husker history, please don't hesitate to ask...

lol i can find these numbers on the net just like you in no time (great job trying to say you thought them up out of your head) but what theory are you excactly disproving.... We blew OU out in the 90s and they are beating us now (nowhere like we beat them)... not a theory, fact....
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
"i can find these numbers on the net just like you in no time"

The question, then, is why you didn't? And I didn't have to go to the net...there is something to be said for saving old media guides.

"...great job trying to say you thought them up out of your head..."

Don't know what thread you were reading to come up with that...LOL.

The fact of the matter is that NU's program has bottomed out thanks to Steve Peterson, and this year's recruits -- or next year's, for that matter -- are not going to turn it around in 2005 or 2006. Like Oklahoma in the 90's, we're a good 5-7 years away, provided we can get a real athletic director, from getting back to the top in the Big 12 Conference in football.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
<S0404>
Please explain how the AD bottomed our program out?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Sorry...explaining it to somebody who is so myopic toward Peterson would be like giving a drowning man a glass of water.

If you can't figure out simple math, philosophy is going to be way above your head.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
<S0404>
quote:
Originally posted by NWI:
Sorry...explaining it to somebody who is so myopic toward Peterson would be like giving a drowning man a glass of water.

If you can't figure out simple math, philosophy is going to be way above your head.

No the point is if you explain it then it's alot easier to understand when i show you how you're wrong....

Mikey says: Because SP hired Callahan who went 5-6 this season...

ok, so are saying that Callahan is a bad coach...

The problem with this is, is that is a completely ignorant comment after one year... Why?

Because you are giving Callahan 100% of the credit for this poor season with someone elses recruits so if you do this you have to consider that he took a team to the superbowl and acknowledge is that he is a great coach...

Ok so to make things fair here I'll challenge you to find significant sources, with quotes, telling me Callahan is a bad coach and for every quote you give me from people that are established as "football minds" i'll give you at least 2 quotes saying otherwise...

And with me having now knowledge or education in journalism this one should be easy for you... go ahead...
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
Man you two are cracking me up. Its like listening to an old married couple.

A little tid bit. NU DID whip up on the Sooners in the 90's, but lets remember Gary Gibbs tried, but failed. Howard Snellenberger, well lets not go there. John Blake, great recruiter, not much of a head coach. Then they bring in Stoops, he takes BLAKES recruits and wins a national championship. (The key is here is he took somone elses recruits and was able to win with them!!!)

The jury is still out on Callahan. Give him a couple of years, and if he can't coach these recruits he is getting to a consistent top 5 finish, then he and Steve Pederson will be gone. For Callahan, he will always have the doubters because of what had happened in Oakland, until (if he can) prove everyone wrong.
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
quote:
Originally posted by S0404:
Because you are giving Callahan 100% of the credit for this poor season with someone elses recruits so if you do this you have to consider that he took a team to the superbowl and acknowledge is that he is a great coach...

Ok so to make things fair here I'll challenge you to find significant sources, with quotes, telling me Callahan is a bad coach and for every quote you give me from people that are established as "football minds" i'll give you at least 2 quotes saying otherwise...

And with me having now knowledge or education in journalism this one should be easy for you... go ahead...

Stoops won with Blakes recruits.
Who cares who/what writers think Callahan is a football genius or coach. LIkewise on who doesnt think he is a good coach. It doesnt matter what you did in your past (Steve Spurrier), it matters what happens in the future. Like I said before, if he recruits these great classes and DOESN'T win he is a goner!!! If he starts to win, and is in the top 5 consitantly, he will be here maybe 5-6 years, then will probably take another job in the NFL
<S0404>
quote:
Originally posted by OU Sooners:
quote:
Originally posted by S0404:

Stoops won with Blakes recruits.
Who cares who/what writers think Callahan is a football genius or coach. LIkewise on who doesnt think he is a good coach. It doesnt matter what you did in your past (Steve Spurrier), it matters what happens in the future. Like I said before, if he recruits these great classes and DOESN'T win he is a goner!!! If he starts to win, and is in the top 5 consitantly, he will be here maybe 5-6 years, then will probably take another job in the NFL

lol ok ok at first i wasnt going to point out the stupidity here but i just can't help myself

ur previous post you put, Blake was a great recruiter... and then you use the comment, Stoop won with Blakes recruits so why can't Callahan win with Franks recruits.... lmao ok ok ok now are you serious? I know Frank was a force to be reckoned with when it came to recruiting but im going to go out on a limb and say 2000 OU had a smidgen bit more talent than 2004 NU.... oh god
<Guest>
SO404....get a life!! Why do you continue to attempt to defend the current AD and coaches with arrogent retorts and personal attacks(usually within a few minutes of their posting) on anyone who contradicts your thinking??? You are influencing no one. At 18 years of age, I would hope there would be much more productive ways to spend your time than making 14,783 posts defending Callahan and Pederson.
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
SO404, you say you cant Blame Callahan for not winning because he had Franks recruits.

I say here is an example...If you take the 2000 OU team, who won a national title under Bob Stoops with the recruits of John Blake. His offense IS NOT the same as it is today. He was able to adapt (KEY WORD) to the talent he had. He then was able to recruit his type of players for his system.

On the other You have Bill Callahan who is trying to run a WCO with a team who was recruited to run the option. Instead of being think headed and trying to prove everyone wrong by passing all the time, he should have ran the ball more. When he DID run the ball more the team was more successful. BUT he would get a brain cramp and throw it 50 times again.

I remember his comment in the paper. "When looking at the Colorado's offense, it pretty much mirrors ours. They run a WCO just like us".
THe only difference I see is in 2 key 3rd down situations, they ran the option to perfection, while our defense sat back and watched.

All I am saying again, is give Bill a chance, maybe with a couple of great recruiting classes he might be able to win a lot. Or he might flop and not win at all. Who knows and time will tell.
<S0404>
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
SO404....get a life!! Why do you continue to attempt to defend the current AD and coaches with arrogent retorts and personal attacks(usually within a few minutes of their posting) on anyone who contradicts your thinking??? You are influencing no one. At 18 years of age, I would hope there would be much more productive ways to spend your time than making 14,783 posts defending Callahan and Pederson.

On a sunday night? :-P not much except watching family guy and makin sure im ready for work the next day....
<S0404>
quote:
Originally posted by OU Sooners:
SO404, you say you cant Blame Callahan for not winning because he had Franks recruits.

I say here us an example...If you take the 2000 OU team, who won a national title under Bob Stoops with the recruits of John Blake. His offense IS NOT the same as it is today. He was able to adapt (KEY WORD) to the talent he had. He then was able to recruit his type of players for his system.

On the other You have Bill Callahan who is trying to run a WCO with a team who was recruited to run the option. Instead of being think headed and trying to prove everyone wrong by passing all the time, he should have ran the ball more. When he DID run the ball more the team was more successful. BUT he would get a brain cramp and throw it 50 times again.

I remember his comment in the paper. "When looking at the Colorado's offense, it pretty much mirrors ours. They run a WCO just like us".
THe only difference I see is in 2 key 3rd down situations, they ran the option to perfection, while our defense sat back and watched.

All I am saying again, is give Bill a chance, maybe with a couple of great recruiting classes he might be able to win a lot. Or he might flop and not win at all. Who knows and time will tell.

and thats all I'm saying but don't forget that he had to convince the recruits all year that we were going to be a modern offense, and one that mirrored what was going on in the NFL, or this recruiting class wouldn't be half of what it is now