Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    THE LAST WORD
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
THE LAST WORD Login/Join

<Lawyerdog>
posted   Report This Post  
Dear Mike Carnes and Rome or whomever you are.

I cannot believe how far this thing has come and I have a few words for each of you. I have a law background and can say that there is plenty of precidence about what is going on in this forum. For you, Mike, you need to lighten up. You have done just as much talking as Rome. What I will say to you is that your team might be misleading you on what you can and cannot do. If you go on to litigation, I will take Rome as a client for free. You cannot prove damages, intent or anything else that you proclaim you can prove. So you need to leave that one alone. You won't win and you will have a lighter wallet when you are finished. With regard to all the rest of the fire you are breathing, I would step back on that as well. There is a precidence already here and I just looked it up today. If your team is savvy, then they won't mind throwing up the case so that I can have a little proof you have legal backing on this one. So, don't threaten! Leave it alone and be done with it.

To Rome. You have had your fun and now it is apparent that the whole thing has gone too far. When you got people threatening people like we have here, it just defeats the entire purpose of the site and of having fun in general. If you will agree to cease any and all bogus posts, I will agree to defend you free of charge in case this thing goes public. It is time to put a stop to this thing from both sides of the fence. If you agree, and it goes any further we can work out details so that you can get in touch with my firm to make an appointment.

I don't know who Mr. Bling Bling is, but you probably need to go back to school so that we can understand your random ramblings.

My intent is not to make anyone mad in here, but enough is enough. I love wrestling too much to let anyone Mike or Rome degrade it any further.

Red Rocker! Keep on Rocking!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Lawyerdog,

First off, thank you for this post. It has done a lot to, hopefully, bring this whole nonsense to a conclusion.

I'm not sure how long you've been following this situation from the beginning or not, but the bottom line here is that I -- as well as others -- have had to put up with this individual for well over a year now.

This latest round of crap, for me, was the final straw, and when it becomes the kind of personal attack that it did, I felt it was time to drop the hammer on this situation. You have to go a long way to get me as upset as this individual did -- but when I reach that point, I am not a pleasant person to deal with, as he has discovered.

I did receive an e-mail from the individual posting as Jim Rome this afternoon promising me that the attacks would cease. And while he has not followed through on some of my other demands earlier in this thread, I am willing to put this situation to rest AS LONG AS he keeps his promise and discontinues these personal attacks.

I'm no legal guru, so I'm not going to question your opinion regarding the legal side of things. However, I do have avenues to pursue beyond the legal side of things should this situation start up again. I will no longer allow my character or the character of my friends in the wrestling community to be assailed by some anonymous individual whose SOLE PURPOSE on this board was to do just that, whether it was to myself, Red Rocker, or others.

Even after all this time, he has offered little or nothing to the conversation on this board as it relates to our great sport. His main reason for being here was to see how much "fun" (his word) he could have belittling others -- and I, for one, am not going to put up with it any longer.

I agree with you...enough IS enough. I am willing to take the blame for whatever contributions I have made to this situation, but understand this -- I am not going to put up with Rome's nonsense any longer, and I WILL take whatever steps are neccessary if he starts up again.

Thank you for bringing a voice of reason to this situation. I am willing to let this situation end if he is and we can move on from there.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
<SUPER>
posted   Report This Post  
sounds like things will get back to normal now. Mike, I want you to know that this whole thing lends a lot of credence to your new found life. Spirituality will go a long way in making you the type of person you want to be. When I read your article in your magazine and then read what was going on here, I was saddened. You see, Mike, when you take on aspirations to be Christ like in what you say and what you do, you have to always ask WWJD in some of these situations. I know that he would probably not threaten in the manner that you did. I am not blaming you because we are all work in progress, but I am happy that you have decided a different path on this one. Anyway, congrats on your new found Christian path!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Super...thanks for the comments. As the old saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day and I know that every day is a new day and a new challenge for me. I am proud to say that today is Day 56 for me in my new life and so far, so good. I'll shoot for 57 tomorrow if I can make it through today.

As for WWJD...I know that the persecution He endured was far greater than anything I or anybody else experienced with this situation, and I know that every day I need to try and match the precedent He has set for us all. Some days I come close, but rarely do I hit the bulls-eye. But I am making the effort and will continue to do so as long as God will allow.

But for now...there are dishes to dry, bills to pay and a road trip to watch my daughter perform in the marching band. Being sober AND happy does have its perks...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray