Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    NFL champion
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL champion Login/Join

Junior High
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I think Chandler just threw another pick...

Moving right along, Seattle did just enough to win, got a solid, tough road win. They have a very real chance to knock off the Jets, provided John Abraham is out of the lineup...if he's back in, yikes watch out Hasselbeck, that guy is an animal. As for the Rams, no run game=no chance of getting a W. Tough break, because they wasted a pretty solid defensive effort, anytime you turn the ball over 7 times on the road, your going to need one hell of a offense to overcome it. The Rams have the weapons on offense, but as stated the run game is banged up big time. On to other news...Philly finally looked mortal, I don't think it was Philly played poorly as it was Washington's D played out of their minds. If not for a couple absolutely brain-numbing penalties, the 'Skins might of had a shot. Pitt did what it had to do to win end of story. New England had to survive a bit of late fireworks to beat Cincy. I'm curious to see how losing Charlie Wiess to ND is going to effect NE's offense. It just seems like he has a perfect call everytime NE needs a big play. That AFC title game would be a war between Pitt & NE. But I refuse to discount Indy or SD, both teams have enough firepower to upset either of those teams. I hate to say it LATE, but I think Pittsburgh is more apt to get knocked off due to they don't seem to have as many "big play" guys. But to their credit, they haven't needed them. This is shaping up to be one heck of a playoff race.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
The AFC playoff race is going to be a friggin' WAR -- assuming a final four of NE, Pitt, Indy and SD it is going to be very interesting to watch. The question is, can either NE or Pitt contain Peyton Manning enough to outscore them? Defenses win championships, as the old saying goes, so if somebody can figure out a way to keep the Colts' receivers from going nuts the way they have this year, that may be the only thing stopping Indy. My money is still on the Patriots, though...

NFC-wise, everybody is going ahead and anointing the Eagles as the conference rep in SB39. Is this the same Eagles team that has been oh-so-close 3 years in a row? Yeah, pretty much -- and let's not discount the Dirty Birds in the A-T-L right now...an all feathered-friend matchup between they and P-Ville would be fun to witness as well. In fact -- can you imagine a Pitt-NE/Philly-Atl Final Four? What a Sunday of football THAT would be...

As for my Seahawks -- they simply found a way to somehow yank victory from the jaws of defeat...a simple maneuver they forgot to do Monday night and earlier this year vs. the Scams. In this fan's opinion, a Super Bowl appearance is the only thing keeping either Mike Holmgren or the moron team president employed beyond this season.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Let's just go ahead and concede the NFC to the Eagles, as they are the only decent team playing in that conference right now.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that the Eagles don't have a letdown Sunday. The Seahawks WILL beat the Cardinals Sunday in Seattle, and an Eagles win over the Scams will wrap up the NFC Worst title.

Heck, if it weren't for the Falcons, Seattle might be looking at a first-round bye with a 9-7 record. Hopefully they will at least get a first-round home game.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
<LATE>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
STEELERS. STEELERS! STEELERS. GO STEELERS
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
The Eagles will find a way to choke and even though they destroyed Green Bay, I see a totally different outcome in the playoffs. Green Bay vs. Pittsburg in the Super Bowl and what you get is the dominate team of the 60's vs. the dominate team of the 70's. Pitt wins in a close one.