New
Find
Notify
Tools
Rocker Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Please keep Mike Fleshman (Red Rocker) and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Mike is very very sick right now. I know some of you have been on the board for a long time and have developed close personal relationships with each other--Mike also has many close friends on this forum as well. Rocker has been with me since day 1 of the inception of this website, handling tasks as a moderator, helping out with broadcasts, along with being a longtime assistant at Kearney High School.

I would also ask that you respect he and his family's privacy in their time of need.
Rookie
Picture of outstatefan
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
We are all continuing to pray for Mike and his wife Tami and the boys, Carter and Ty. Mike is a very good man.
State Champion
Picture of deano
RR, you are in mine and my family's prayers. Hoping for a safe and speedy recovery! God Bless
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
He knows how much he is loved and respected by his family and this wrestling family and it brings joy to him knowing that so many care about his family and him!
Peace Brother Mike!

hawk

World Champion
Picture of NWI
Mike's in my thoughts and prayers here...been a challenging last couple of days with him and his family on my mind.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
well said gentleman! my first words with him were right here and these may well be my last ones with him. I'm glad you are my friend Mike Fleshman....

Rookie
And I'm damn glad he was my son's coach for two years.
Novice
A great man. He has had a wonderful impact on many lives.
Novice
As made famous by Jimmy "V". Never give up. You are a true warrior of the world. Good Luck.
Junior High
Good thoughts his way.

Hus
Junior Varsity
Picture of Dru
Prayers to you Mike (RR) and your family. I'm not sure if you'll get to see this or not but I've enjoyed becoming a friend of yours through the great sport of wrestling.
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
in our thoughts and prayers.
Rookie
prayers being sent your way rocker and your family!
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
There is no doubt the road will rise up to meet him...... He steered so many down the right road.... Peace in your Journey, Brother!

He made those around him better, and those closest to him had no doubt about his passions. I am privileged to have shared some time with the man....

Rick Henry

Novice
Prayers sent for Mike and his family.
Junior High
I'm a little new to the Nebraska wrestling community so I'm sad to say that I don't know Rocker or much about him; but he must be a great guy who's made important contributions to Nebraska wrestling.

I would like to know more about the man and his involvement in this great sport.

Certainly our prayers go to Rocker and his loved ones.
Rookie
Picture of St.Nick
Without question one of the best there is. I have known him since I was in Jr. High (over 20 years) he has meant a great deal to the sport and those that are within it. Wrestling is much better off for having known Rocker. I know I am! Gods Speed
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
Mike's first year coaching at Kearney High was my Freshman Year in 1988-89. He was our Freshman Coach that year and we were not very talented and a pretty inexperienced bunch. Through our four years he had a huge influence on all of our wrestling careers. I can remember like yesterday working out with Mike before the state tournament in '92. After that I knew I was ready to win a state title. His no nonsense toughness made us better wrestlers and better people. A lot of years have passed between then and now, but his influence still remains. God Bless Mike Fleshman.

World Champion
Picture of HB
A great man has passed away today. My dear friend, you'll be missed. My condolences to Tami, Toni and all Mike's family. I'll post the funeral arrangements when I know.
Rookie
Go in Peace, Mike. You will be missed by many! The Fleshman family continues to be in our prayers!

The Meyer family