Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
103 A Login/Join

<Guest>
posted   Report This Post  
i dont know if cox can make it down...and it doesnt matter about the scottsbluff kid because thats class B
State Qualifier
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Tran and cox seemed bigger last year Can they make 103?
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
AIM: Online Status For Spartan69ALM04
Lil etherton will be an 8th grader
<Guest>
don't rule out cox and tran they made there 103 weigh ins all season unlike other(s)
<joker>
Who cares if they made all the weigh ins "last year". There are tons of people last year that made all the weigh ins at 103? People grow over the summer you know. Confused

jOkEr
<Guest>
You apparently don't get it do you?
<Guest>
at fall brawl schnell was at 112 and they got 2 lbs so he was at 114..dont know what he weighed in at tho
<LNE guest>
Schnell will be a very high placer at 112.
<Guest>
Rogert could take it all.
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
Guest who are you?
<Guest>
What happened to porkorny? i though he was a frosh. with a little extra weight he could be good
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
i thought he was going to bennington
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
<<because a wrestler is older by no means makes them more experianced...for example...Kid A starts when he is 8-9 and is a junior...Kid B starts when he's 4 and is a freshman..>>

I don't agree with this particular example. Personally; I don't see that there is a big advantage to someone starting wrestling at 4 vs someone starting at 8 or 9.

I really question how much wrestling is picked up and retained by kids aged 4 to 7.

Now ... someone who started at 8 or 9 vs somebody who starts at 13 ... I can see the kid who started at 8 having some advantage in meaningful experience.

I could be wrong; am not a coach. My son started wrestling at 8. He was at a decided disadvantage the first couple of years. Went 14-16 and then maybe 32-30 his first 2 years. Ever since has had decidedly more wins than losses. If he loses a match now; I don't think it is because the other wrestler started at 4 and that he started at 8. It's just about how hard each has worked and how much each has learned about the sport since reaching the age of reason. Smile

In fact, I can think of quite a few wrestlers who have dropped out of the sport that started before my son did. Kids who initially were clobbering him and now could not.
<Guest>
personally i really dont see why the number of years you wrestled makes that much of a difference really, my theory here is its the quality of the years you wrestled. Experience is all about putting yourself in different situations, the more situations you go through, the more of an experienced wrestler you will be, i guess the only point im trying to make here is that a wrestler that has been wrestling 12 years but has only been doing a fwe local tournaments every yearand such isnt near as experienced as a kid that has been wrestling for 6 years but has been going to Nationals, and Duals, and everything you can think of....
<bunny05>
its kinda funy its been a year and people are still dwelling on the victor thing get off it ok i heard kids talking about it in practice the other day lets all just get over it i mean maybe last year it kinda was a big deal but this is a new year so lets just get over it please it is very annoying
<103_fan>
I have heard rumors of Ingraham going 112 this year because he has gotten really big. But everyone else seems to think He maybe going 125. It really is hard to say with all the rumors flying out there.
<Guest>
If Jay doesn't go 12 who can kearney put in there?
<Guest>
CASTILLO
<Guest>
Didn't he wrestle 12 last season? And wasn't he much heavier during the summer events?
<103_fan>
Castillo is going 103 this year I believe. Thats what he was last year. But he was at Kearney Catholic last year.